Overall program expected impact
Children are healthy, skilled, protected and participate actively in the community development.
1. Sustainable People Institutions are actively involved in community development and serving children;
2. Child rights are realized;
Households and Youth livelihood is improved.
Project key strategic domains and Activities
1. Community empowerment:
• Establishing People institutions (SHGs and CLAs) at community level
• Strengthening the capacity of People institutions to serve children
• Facilitating people institutions for establishing linkages with other community development partners for increased access to services
• Managing Family ambassador sponsorship
• Creation of child friendly space for participation in their development through Children Groups
• Strengthening the capacity of children for participation
• Strengthening child protection system at community level
2. ECD & Basic Education:
• Training parents in child parenting and nutrition
• Increasing children access to ECD, Play & WASH facilities
• Facilitating integration of health and nutrition services into ECD
• Strengthening the capacity of ECD instructors
• Strengthening the capacity of teachers in Basic Education for inclusive and quality education
• Sensitizing parents on inclusive education
• Strengthening PTAs committees to play effectively their roles
3. Sustainable livelihood:
• Training farmers in modern small livestock and organic farming
• Supporting Farmers for increased access to agriculture inputs
• Training youth in AVET, life and business skills
• Supporting youth groups for increased access to assets/capital and markets
• 120 SHGs formed and strengthened
• 2,395 households of SHG’s members reached
• Rwf 15,945,300 saved by 120 SHGs
• Rwf 49,430,600 of cumulative loans given out to SHGs’ members
• 11 CLAs formed and strengthened
ECD& Basic Education:
• 10 ECD classrooms newly constructed,
• 1 ECD classroom rehabilitated
• 2 ECD supported to make the physical environment more stimulating for children;
• 22 care takers from partner ECD facilitated for exposure visit to Teach Rwanda ECD in Muhanga District
• 22 care takers trained on child development, engaging curriculum themes, learning environment and modern teaching strategies in collaboration with Teach Rwanda.
• 40 Members of 8 ECD management committees trained on ECD management
• 1 Community based ECD supported for rabbit farming to serve not only as teaching aids but also to support parents to raise income for paying the care taker and integrate nutrition.
• 72 parents of children trained on child parenting including reading, numeracy and child nutrition and one school were supported to construct volleyball playground.
• 4 primary schools were provided with teaching aids,
• 32 primary teachers trained on school record keeping and reporting
• 39 PTA members were trained on monitoring on school performance, school management, use of quality score cards and Child’s rights.
• 198 children were supported with ECD materials (bags, exercise books, pens.
• 139 illiterate adults were trained on functional literacy in collaboration with ADEPR.
• 2195 members of SHGs trained on modern techniques of rabbit and chicken farming;
• 8 youths groups formed
• 2 youth groups supported with 100 laying hens to raise income from selling eggs for their savings.
• 2 youth groups facilitated for linkages with agro-dealers, local authorities and MFIs for inputs supply and access to increased capital/assets.
• 210 youths (59 females and 151 males) enrolled in rural TVET
• 197 youths (48 Females and 149 males) graduated from rural TVET of whom 95 in construction; 18 in tailoring; 12 in hair dressing; 10 in hair cutting; 27 in plumbing and Electricity; 5 in bicycle repair; 6 in welding; 10 in carpentry and 14 in computer literacy and maintenance.
• 110 graduates got jobs
• 36 graduates formed their own businesses.
• 264 Family Ambassadors were facilitated for communication with their sponsors through family progress reports, letter writing and Christmas cards.