Early childhood, defined as the period from birth to eight years old, is a time of remarkable growth with brain development at its peak. During this stage, children are highly influenced by the environment and the people that surround them.
Early childhood Development aims at providing a holistic development of a child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs in order to build a solid and broad foundation for lifelong learning and wellbeing. It has the possibility to nurture caring, capable and responsible future citizens.
Bamporeze Association’s approach fall in line with the national Early Childhood Development Policy of ensuring that all girls and boys have access to quality early childhood development, care and pre-primary education. We also work to empower and support community efforts for setting community based ECD centres with an aim to provide all children with simulation and care in early years.
Since 2013, Bamporeze has facilitated the construction of 17 ECD rooms in the in Northern and Western Provinces of Rwanda. 13 rooms were built in remote areas of Rulindo Districts whereas 4 rooms were constructed in Nyabihu District.
- Over the past 8 years, 4,760 children aged between 3 to 8 years have passed through those classrooms and have accessed Play and WASH facilities.
- 2,132 parents in both districts have been equipped with child parenting and nutrition skills.
- The capacity of 67 teachers have been strengthened to deliver ECD curriculum, Quality education, to provide inclusive education and to carry out positive parenting.
- Parent Teachers Committee have been strengthened and empowered to effectively play their roles.
- With the support from KNH, Bamporeze plans to support 78 Home-Based ECD by 2026